Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Love for Sade...


I first fell in love in 1992 when I bought my first Sade cassette, remember those? I bought Love Deluxe. I felt like she was singing to me. Maybe that's my mental illness, but I felt an instant connection to this sultry Diva. I used to work scanning documents for Texaco and I used to listen to that cassette all during my shift, until I wore it out, literally. I saw her in concert a few weeks ago. I was so charged with emotion. It was over too soon. I wanted to go to another concert but there wasn't one. She is such a sweetie, but she is more mature now, she's 51, although she only looks 31. As I have stateed my books starting with The Girl, the Moon, and the Melon are about a mythical life with the soul of Sade and my Soul. Hey if you're going to play God as a writer why not be one, or goddess in this case. I hope someday I get to meet her. I doubt I'll impress her, but it would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment