Saturday, May 29, 2010

What Is It Like To Be a Trans Writer?

I suppose that in some ways it's like being stuck half-way between being a woman and still having some male features. People think that you know nothing about women, and that you know too much about men. You'd be surprised what you find out about men being a trans. In one of my stories there is a trans-person who calls herself the ridiculous mermaid, she's half woman and half something fishy. It seems that we are just now being noticed by the world. This is a good thing I think. It gives writers like me a chance. Did being trans have anything to do with my book contract? I honestly don't know, but I'm so happy that my book is being published. Maybe in a few years we'll see a trans-gender play a trans-gender role in film.

No comments:

Post a Comment